On September 22nd, 123 golfers, including our own 4 priests of the Michigan priory, teed up together at Oak Ridge Golf Club to raise funds for St. Joseph’s Academy. Thanks to all our supporters, we raised an overall profit of $18,500!
We received many generous donations for the door prizes including hats, t-shirts, and a big-ticket item that included a party cooler filled with various drinks and snacks that attracted many to buy tickets in hopes of winning big. The tournament also featured a 50/50 raffle which awarded $418 to the winner.
For overall golfing the winners were as follows:
- In 1st place was the Anderson Group from MPM
- In 2nd place was the Johnson Group from Aerostar
- In 3rd place was the Goodman Group/Quicken Loan employees
St. Joseph’s also held various contests throughout the day:
- For the Longest Drive our male winner was Neil Fraylick with Gayle Federer as our female winner
- Closest to the Pin was won by Tony Anderson
- The Putting Contest hosted by Tony Orlando and Angelo DiAngelo resulted in a tie with the winnings split between Tom Clancy and Randy Holly.
- We also had a Vegas Hole hosted by our own parishioner Warren Diehl which added a fun challenge for our golfers and profitted an impressive $318.
Thank you again to all who contributed to the success of this day including our sponsors, volunteers, golfers, and Oak Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you all at our next tournament!